Thursday, August 21, 2008

Latest Home Improvement Project



We've had a week to recuperate from our 7 week trip and are ready to start a new project. The fence overlooking the down side hill in our back yard is so bad that about half of it is actually laying flat on the ground. It is all shot! Completely rotted away. The picture on the right is just to the right of where Dan and Steve's "secret hideout" used to be. Cindy was talking to the city gardener there who maintains the city property and he said the fence was laying on the sprinkler heads and needs to be removed; So we decided to get busy on it. It is chain link fencing on a wood frame. We were going to remove the chain link and reuse it but it is too hard to remove from the wood. Cindy suggested an all wood fence which is a little more expensive but it will block the ugly view of the City's shrubbery. I figure if I install 3 posts a day I will have all the posts in- in about a week, well maybe 2 or 3 weeks- you know how that goes.

3 comments:

Gone said...

I know what you mean. I call it the law of EVERYTHING ALWAYS TAKES LONGER. :P

Good luck and have fun with the fence project. Keep those wild aminals out.

Gone said...

Are those cellphone photos? Can you upload cellphone photos directly to Blogger? That'd be cool.

Mike and Cindy said...

They are cell phone pictures but I dont't think they can be uploaded to Blogger. I can upload cell phone pictures to email accounts though it costs extra air time. I like the ability to take cell phone pictures when I don't have my camera handy. It's only a 1 megapixel resolution but I think the pictures look ok.