Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Wal Mart Storm




This morning we left JellyStone RV Park and made it as far as Bozeman, Montana. We drove through some rain, but the roads were generally nice. Shortly before we parked at the Wal Mart for the night there was a huge down pour. We noticed the street was flooded near a corner. It was a short but heavy rain. I stayed in the RV while Mike went into Wal Mart to shop. While he was in Wal Mart a lady parked her car in front of us and started to bail water out of it. She asked me if I had a bucket. I got a small bucket, a popcorn tub, 2 large rags and a squeegee. She, her daughter and I bailed a lot of water out of her car for about an hour. She was parked in front of Wal Mart when the huge down pour came and she was parked in a low spot in the parking lot. Later I saw a huge black cloud coming from the west. I thought it was going to rain. Well we got rain, hail, thunder, lightening and gale force winds. I thought the RV was going to tip over and I was sure the hail was going to dent the car and RV. Fortunately we stayed up right and there are no dents in the vehicles. There is just a lot of ripped leaves from the trees sticking to the car and RV. All is well now. Okay, well not all is well. when we pulled into the next RV park we discovered the awning that comes out when we pull out the slide out is now full of holes. The hail punctured it. It is there to keep leaves and dirt from getting into the RV when we put the slide out in. Oh Well, we will have it replaced when we get home. All is really well.

1 comment:

Gone said...

That's nuts!

You're a good samaritan, mom. :)